If your are here, then you have a question in your mind how long should a blog be? Here i will explain you step by step. Have you ever write eBook, it is well organized over 4000+ word count, eBook is the best example of long form content seo.
There is a benefit of creating informative, in depth, long from content. It must be more visibility, improved engagement and social share and most important of all it makes your audience look at you as the ultimate authority.
Here you go,
11 SEO Steps For Creating & Ranking Long Form Content:
1. Start with keyboard research:-
You must take time to search for the best keyword on the topic should also consider targeting lower competition keyword.It determines success of your content in search engines. I recommend you some best tools for keyword research in market is SEMrush, Ahrefs
2. Target long tail keyword:-
Now after focusing keyword while writing your long from blog post you must also target LONG TAIL KEYWORDS.Long tail keywords are usually get easier rank and in highly targeted traffics.
Below is an example of long tail keyword which i got from keywordtool.io tool.
If you have any trouble coming up to find more of such keyword the you go for google “related searches” Below is an example.
3. Optimize and clean your URL:-
Cleaner and shorter URLs help search engines better understand about post (what it is talking about). And provide a better user experiences.
You must ensure your URL contains your target target words as it also enables to get better rank.
4. Use a proper H1 tag:-
The first thing which sees when they arrive at your blog posts id H1 tag. Usually H1 tag is your blog post title.A good and better H1 tag has a great impact on your ranking.
Your H1 tag should:
- Be short and must to the point
- Must provide a clear idea of what the blog is about
- Have a long tail keyword and it is your targeted keyword.
Once you have all these qualities you are ready to go high.
5. Add good sub-headings:-
The headline which is to be to be used must be catchy. You must use amazing writing skills for better rank.
You must use well-crafted words, punchy sentences, and incredible insight into the minds of your readers.
Make sure to add your target keyword to your headings and sub headings and also in the first 100 words of your content.
Using subheadings in long posts break up your content into easy to follow chunks and also help the readers to navigate and skim your content better.
6. Add inbound links:-
Internal/inbound links is link from one page on a website that points to another page on the same site.
Smart bloggers and content markers use to tell goggle and websites visitors that a particular page of content is relevant.
Uses of internal/inbound linking have many benefits.
Some of which are been include:-
- They helps to boost your ranking for certain keywords.
- It helps search engines easily crawl your site.
- They also helps to promote some paid services.
- It gives your audience further reading options.
If you do a lot of link building, you know that a list of high-quality niche-relevant blogs is like money in the bank.
7. Add outbound links:-
It just likes inbound linking. Outbound linking simply means linking out to related pages in your niche tells Google that your page is of higher quality. Like im doing here why you should create long form content by Neal Patel.
It also helps search engines figure out your exact topics.
8. Optimize your Title tag:-
Title tags are incredibly essential; to have a drastically enhance your page’s visibility in SERPs you must have a properly optimized Title tag.
A Title tag is the Title of each result that comes up.
While writing your title’s tag you must focus keyword and must also describe the benefits the page offers.
9. Optimize your Meta Description for SEO:-
A Meta description is a 160 character snippet that summarizes a page’s content. It enables your post to stand out in the search engine result’s pages.
A properly optimized Meta description must contain:
- Focus keyword: it must include focus keywords
- Be Brief: the Meta description must be Brief (about 160 characters).
- Be crystal clear and descriptive: it must be clear like a crystal and must be descriptive.
- CTA (contain a call to action) : it must contain CTA
- Be enchanting: it must be enchanting and entice so the visitor can read the entire page.
10. Include Multimedia:-
Content marketing is not only about text. Text alone can only take you so far but not too further and entertaining videos, images, screenshots, diagrams, and chats shows a great impact on the visitors and can take you a lot further which is very beneficial to your blog.
- Boost the time spent on your site
- Reduce your bounce rate.
There are the two important user-interaction ranking factors that Google has been using to judge web pages recently.
Using a lot of image, charts and screenshots on the blog posts have a major benefit which is directly added to your content.
Apart from boosting time on your blog and reducing bounce rate, they will also enhance the perceived value of the page, which usually increase the likelihood of people linking to it.
You must try to add as many relevant multimedia as possible by your side.
11. Add your target keywords And Related Keywords:-
It has a great importance to include in the body of your blog posts. This will make Google understand that your focus keyword is important while crawling your content.
It’s also advisable to mention your keyword toward the end paragraph of your article and also in some of your sub-headings. But always remember don’t overdo it.
- Add internal links to other pages on your site
- Throw in 2-5 external links to other authority websites
- Use lots of images, videos and other multimedia
- Write actionable, unique content that people can’t find anywhere else
- Include your target keyword (and variations) a handful of times…without keyword stuffing
- Make sure to add your target keyword to your title tag and in the first 100 words of your content
- Double check that you don’t have duplicate content (a few quotes from other sources is totally fine. But you want your content to be as unique as possible.
I recommend implementing these long form content seo tips for all of your blog posts.
This infographic will walk you through some more advanced content optimization techniques for higher search engine rankings.
If you like this post don’t forget to share with your friends. and if you have any other suggestion just know us via comment.